Monday, Feb 12, 2018
Have you ever had one of those days when it felt like nothing could go right? The kind of day that makes you feel like giving up? What if, during one of those days, a stranger reached out to lend you a hand?
We can get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life that we often forget to think about others. Imagine what the world would be like if each person did one kind thing for someone else every day.
This week is Random Acts of Kindness Week. Why not take a break and be the change with some of these simple kindness ideas? The smallest gesture can make someone's day and completely change how they are feeling!
1. Send a postcard.
2. Leave a surprise in a library book.
3. Open the door for someone.
4. Ask a senior about their past.
5. Compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is.
6. Pay it backward: Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you in line.
7. Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighborhood, office or school.
8. Bake dessert for a neighbor.
9. Collect money or items for your favorite charity.
10. Pack blessing bags for the homeless.
"How lovely to think that no one need wait a moment. We can start now, start slowly, changing the world. How lovely that everyone, great and small, can make a contribution toward introducing justice straightaway. And you can always, ALWAYS give something, even if it is only kindness."
- Anne Frank